 Robotics / 26513
Re: NXT compatible bluetooth adapters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:43:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gordon B <gordonlbuchanan@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes! I got the Kensington 33085 to work with the NXT on both Mac OS X and
Windows. There are a bunch on sale at ebay for $17 incl shipping with
buy-it-now.

Here are the steps:

OS X
- when you plug in the  adapter it will ask something about keyboards/mice -
you can skip that
- turn on the NXT and make sure that bluetooth and allow discovery are
turned on- right click on the bluetooth icon on the command bar and Setup a
Bluetooth Device - pick Any Device and click Continue
- you should see your NXT listed
- I clicked Passkey Options and use a specific Passkey
- click continue
- the NXT should beep, press orange to accept 1234 as the passkey
- the mac will ask for passkey - enter 1234
- click Continue, NXT should bleep and then Done
Here's the part I had to figure out to make it work:
- richt click on the bluetooth icon on the command bar and open bluetooth
preferences (or you can open system prefs and pick bluetooth)
- select Devices, click on your NXT device which should be listed and Edit
Serial Ports - add an RS232 port and click Require Pairing and Apply
- close the preferences
- now try the NXT software - use NXT window and Connect your NXT!

For Windows:
- you need the updated 4.0.1.2400 driver at ftp://ftp.kensington.com/bt

Hi,

I have a Kensington  Bluetooth USB Adapter 2.0, model 33348.

I installed the software that came with the adaptor and I verified that the
driver installed was version 4.0.1.2400.

I am able to establish a connection from the NXT to the PC as I see the icon <>
at the top of the NXT screen. However, I can't establish a connection from the
Lego NXT software!

When I click on scan, my NXT is found. At some point, when I clicked on connect,
I was asked to enter a pass key, and I would answer with the same pass key on
the NXT itself, but after some delay, I would get a connection error from the
Lego NXT software. Now, all I get is a connection loss error.

Any insight on what must be done?
It's my first experience with Bluetooth, so I don't know if I should be doing
anything special with the configuration of bluetooth serial ports, both from a
local services and a client applications stand point.

I sure hope someone can help me!

Thanks,
Bruno