 Robotics / 26281
Re: RCX infra red sensitivity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:32:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Danny Staple wrote:

One of my RCX units is far less sesitive to recieve
an IR signal from another RCX than the other ones.

   I'm guessing one of your RCX units is a 1.0, while the other is a 1.5
(labeled 1.0, but without the power port) or 2.0? There are a very few hardware
difference betwen RCX versions, but this is one of them. See:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2225

I think you can adjust the transmit value from the
software...

   It's possible to specify a "lo" or "hi" transmitter power (at least in NQC).
This *might* help (but the "hi" setting will of course use the battereies
faster). New batteries on both the transmitter and reciver would be a good idea
too.

--
Brian Davis