 Robotics / 26280
Re: RCX infra red sensitivity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:09:10 GMT

On 16/07/06, Eric Wijnsouw <sgtpeppermail@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

One of my RCX units is far less sesitive to recieve a IR signal from another RCX
than the other ones. Can this be adjusted in some way?

Thanks,
Eric.

I think you can adjust the transmit value from the software, but not
the reception sensitivity as far as I know.

IR sensitivity can be affected by battery performance, ambient
lighting (though not likely a factor if others are responding
differently). Also, check that the IR plate is clean and not
scratched, that may also affect it.

Danny
--
Danny Staple MBCS