 Robotics / 25980
Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 11:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Rueger wrote:

How feasible would it be to set up some sort of
time-sharing communications over Bluetooth to
allocate time slots when each of the robots in an
area would be allowed to use their ultrasonic
sensors?

   Very feasible... IF you could turn the US sensor off. As near as I can
determine, the US sensor, when connected, is never off: it is always emitting a
series of "pings" (you can actually hear a "click" from the sensor if you are
really close). Setting the port it is connected to to something like a touch
sensor doesn't help, it still pings happily away. It even pings during start-up,
when no user programs are running, etc.
   I'd love to find a way to toggle it on and off from the SW level, but no joy
as yet.

--
Brian Davis