 Robotics / 25963
Re: RCX Virus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 04:20:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes wrote:
I think it is very doubtful. I have not heard of any actual evidence of an RCX
virus.

What software are you using?

How old is the RCX?

Are you using a Ver. 1.0 with A/C input?

Are you using an external power transformer?

Can you borrow another RCX from someone and check if it fails the same way?

JB

Some more info about the problem:
My RCX is 2.0 and I bought it 4-5 years ago. It's been on the shelf for a while
(2-3 months) and I've always used rechargeable batteries. The ones I'm using now
are 2000mA NiMH. I installed the firmware both from the Lego basic software and
from Bricx (used same firmware file).

I have to go to work and then to class but I'll try to see if I can solve the
problem later and post some results.

Thanks!
Jonathan