 Robotics / 25935
    Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Tim Byrne
   (...) I’ll throw one more suggestion on top of that. Take a standard LEGO cable, cut it in half, and put a standard adaptor on the end (such as a RJ11). One LEGO cable can be used to produce two adaptor cables. From there you can create all the (...) (18 years ago, 10-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Philippe Hurbain
     (...) A very flexible solution... with the only problem that it is a bit bulky. (...) Oh... nice little devices you make me discover! They would be wonderful through a technic turntable. But all of these gizmos I've seen on the web have only 4 (...) (18 years ago, 10-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Tim Byrne
     (...) Alas, I've only seen the phone ones. I used one through a turntable with the RCX cables, but of course that's only two wires. (Actually I used all four wires and basically sent two RCX cables through the one "detangler"). I would imagine they (...) (18 years ago, 10-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Todd Thuma
   (...) My understanding from reading some of the posts that the connector NXT uses is a non-standard RJ-esque connector. It is not RJ11 or RJ45 but some new connector. Not an electrical engineer myself, I do not know if this connector is even (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Geoff Gray
   (...) Yep, I can confirm (finally, now that it's past May 1). It is a modified RJ12 connector (RJ-12 is 6 wire phone cord connector). The wiring and the jack size is the same, but the little lock piece that sticks up on the connectors is offset and (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Gustavo Brinck
   Hi, the connector name is RJ-12 DEC 6P6C key it is usually used in telephony. You can find this in the link below. (URL) I found the crimping tool here (URL) this helps. Best regards Gustavo Santiago de Chile (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Brian Davis
   (...) Actually, I think if you look closely at the NXT connectors and the DEC ones, you will find the latch offset to the wrong side. There are many of us that have been looking for these connectors for some time now, and it seems all the existing (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable —Gustavo Brinck
   (...) Glup, I had not notice it, you are right. The NXT RJ12 plug has printed the letters BN, but I have not found the manufacturer, I will continue searching. Best regards Gustavo Lugnet 566 (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)