 Robotics / 25906
Re: Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 15:16:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Hurley wrote:
Greetings all --
I am officially introducing www.greatballcontraption.com. It presents a good
cross-section of information, images and links related to this crazy obsession.
My wife wants to be a soccer mom someday...well she has been for the past year!

Feel free to visit.  I have a streaming media server that hosts a variety of the
videos and can do the larger videos that many people can't put on personal web
servers.  FTP is in the works soon and will be available upon request.  There is
a GBC signup form that I and Bunnie will use for room coordination at BF this
year.  There is a section on the draft standard also.

Much of the content is collected from various other GBC-related websites around
the internet.  There is room to grow this site into whatever the Mindstorms and
GBC communities need.  Constructive criticism is appreciated.  Tips on running
php with IIS 6 are strongly encouraged, as I plan on configuring a phpBB forum
engine soon!  It will be updated regularly of course. That's all for now.
Enjoy!

David Hurley
I've recently added GBC t-shirts and mugs for those GBC fans that want to show
their enthusiasm and/or have fun explaining to others just what the ball
contraption is!  I plan on bringing a bunch of these to Brickfest unless people
object for valid reasons.  The GBC group fans and members can stand out among
the other AFOLs! Procedes go to paying for server services for the community.
thanks again
Dave