 Robotics / 25907
25906  |  25908
Subject:
My NXT MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 01:29:39 GMT

It's funny, the NXT thing has been so hyped for the past while I think I
hear a
drum roll in the bg...

Anyway, enough of that. After the initial MPD swarm of emails and
discussions,
I decided that I could not focus on Bluetooth and all the other TOP SECRET
things going on and build (what I think) is a neat robot. For some of you,
this
will be recognized as the NXT evolution of my original DominoBot... I have
yet
to add content and details but I could not resist holding back on the
pictures...

It's name - DominoBotNXT, for lack of better names... (what else could I
name
it!?) What does it do - it lays domino's. Yep. That's it. My intention was
put the built in rotation sensors to the test with this. I did this by
measuring
rotations in degrees and used those values to place each domino within
collision
range of the previous... More details here:

www.astolfo.com

Enjoy. Questions are welcome (but I wont be able to address them until next
week)
Dave