 Robotics / 25958
Re: Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 18:33:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Danny Staple wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, David Hurley wrote:

I've recently added GBC t-shirts and mugs for those GBC fans that want to show
their enthusiasm and/or have fun explaining to others just what the ball
contraption is!  I plan on bringing a bunch of these to Brickfest unless people
object for valid reasons.  The GBC group fans and members can stand out among
the other AFOLs! Procedes go to paying for server services for the community.
thanks again
Dave

Dave,

In recognition of this contribution, I have written a quick review of it on
OrionRobots -
http://orionrobots.co.uk/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=1&postId=83

Come tell me what you make of it.
---
Danny Staple
OrionRobots

Thanks for comments.  I really appreciate the good reviews.  I'm not sure about
how large this sub-niche is, but I wanted to try and capture much of what is
going on around the internet regarding this topic.  I've already had a few
hundred visitors in the past week since it opened.  I'll try to update it at
least once or twice a month in the long term.

In the short term, there will be lots of little updates as I tweak it here and
there.  I've added a new section on Bluetooth technology that I will continue to
update as I see this as being a launchpoint of future development.  I know the
NXT doesn't exactly adhere to the standard (only three slaves and one master),
but the info I posted provides some much needed knowledge in this area.

Dave H.