 Robotics / 25407
  Why java is bad for Mindstorms

Let's face ist: LEGO wants to sell Mindstorms units. And they want to sell it to the illiterate customer. Now imagine how things where at the old Mindstorms: We opened the box, piled out the brick, installed the programs on our PC and found, that (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is bad for Mindstorms

(...) Hi Michael, While I agree with much of what your argue above, I disagree with your conclusion. The better the official language for NXT, the more diverse the users and universal the solutions. Better the language the more people can play with (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is bad for Mindstorms

Hi Kevin, (...) Hm, you got me:) Nqc is fantastic. But the success comes from the fact that you get an easy and elegant to use visual interface and can stand as close as possible to the original, unaltered system. (...) I didn't know it is online. I (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is bad for Mindstorms

(...) As of early 2003 (and even going back to 2002) BricxCC had extensive support for compiling and downloading brickOS programs. Exactly when in 2003 I first released my installers for brickOS and cygwin I don't recall but they made using brickOS (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is bad for Mindstorms

(...) That's a lot of ifs... and I for one can't wait till I get a chance to find out whether they're true or not :) ROSCO (18 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why java is bad for Mindstorms

(...) I hope all of the MUPs and lucky MDP participants aren't disappointed. :-) John Hansen (18 years ago, 23-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)