 Robotics / 2518
Re: IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:39:09 GMT

David C. Chen writes:

Sending to you directly b/c lugnet won't recognize my posts (though I've
already registered with them!).

David,

Looking at the sign-up and dead-article logs, you signed up as:

   Name: David Chen
   Email: nospam-dcchen@pacbell.net-nospam

for your news-posting identiy, which translates to the expected 'From' line
of:

   "David Chen" <nospam-dcchen@pacbell.net-nospam>

but your newsreader is sending the 'From' line of:

   "David C. Chen" <dcchen@pacbell.net>

In other words, neither the name field nor the e-mail field match.  (Both
need to match in order to recognize you.)  To make them match, you can
re-run the news posting setup at <http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/>
and enter values that exactly match your newsreader's settings, or you can
change your newsreader settings to match the values you supplied earlier on
the news-posting setup page.

HTH,

--Todd