 Robotics / 2512
Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:48:17 GMT

In article <066101be3a65$d2dd29d0$f322bece@trowton.audionet.com>, Tom
Rowton <trowton@broadcast.com> writes
Basically, you need a miniature disco ball poised above the IR receiver to
bounce transmissions no matter which direction you are facing. I know this
should work, as I do it with my TV remote all the time.

That will give you a three dimensional spread which you would need for a
table-leg-climbing or flying RCX.  If you always run your rcx on the
floor, an inverted cone of shiny foil (half-angle of 45 degrees) placed
above the sensor will give a stronger reflection parallel to the floor.
--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 16