 Robotics / 25174
Re: Alternate connectors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:38:20 GMT

I did finally discover a two pole version of the automotive hermaphroditic
connector:

<<http://www.maj.com/gallery/ffaat/Stuff/herm_cable.jpg>>

But realize it is physically way too big :(

I don't like the IDC connector as it is "ended"  I.E. there is a male and
female version... but this might be the best way to go.

One thing I want to try still is to make my own hermaphroditic connectors.
I'm
thinking of using a standard DB socket connector with heat shrink around
it next
to a standard DB pin connector (exposed) with the two head next to each
other by
another piece of heat shrink.  Otherwise I'll just end up with the IDC...

-Rob A>

Try Deans or other RC car plugs:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDKA2&P=ML

-rob