 Robotics / 23868
Re: Alternate connectors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:23:51 GMT

On Mar 30, 2005 6:22 PM, Rob Antonishen <rob.antonishen@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to find a suitable connector that will let me cut up and extend the
regular mindstorm wires, as well as to connect to custom built sensors.

I've done some more digging and asking around...  Seems what I was
looking for is referred to as a hermaphroditic connector.

One big maker is Anderson, who make an extremely overrated (voltage
and current) connector called the Powerpole
http://www.andersonpower.com/products/pp/sp.html that seems pretty
popular with the 12V radio crowd (
http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/app.htm ).  They are a little heavy
dury for this purpose...so they are a little big, too, but look like a
great design.

Another suggestion made to me was to use standard 9V clip connectors
like this http://www.amqrp.org/kits/NCKeyer/elmer/P7190015a.jpg which
seems like a great idea!  Right voltage rating, solid mechanical
connection and readily available!  I'll have to see if I can find a
good source of these without the wires, cheap :)

-Rob A>