 Robotics / 25002
  connecting 2 nxt bricks

i dont know if its ever been done... but with all this new found technology, and some fancy programming, would it be possible to connect 2 nxt bricks via an output port from one to an input port to the other? i mean all it is is just sending (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks

(...) well I've done that with two RCX's, and also RCX to an audio input on a laptop (no joke!) But my sense is that this system is going to give you much less direct control over the I/O, which is way more sophisticated. It seems to be relegated to (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks

(...) One would assume that the Bluetooth wireless interface will be able to do that right out of the box. I don't think there will be any need for cables, etc. But it's hard to know what will actually happen until we see it. (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks

(...) awesome, i'm sure someone will figure out the programming. its true about the bluetooth though, it might be the best, unless you're already using it for something else. what did u make when you connected the rcx's together? (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks

(...) Having read this thread, I really dont know. But what interests me as well is could I connect this with my existing RCX, Spybotix or Cybermaster bricks? Danny -- Danny Staple MBCS OrionRobots (URL) contact details available through website) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks, low-tech

(...) Well, RCXs have been interconnected via input and output ports (or even input to input ports), so I think it's likely. But if we have Bluetooth (faster, more secure, doesn't require a physical connection, and address multiple objects), why not (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks

(...) hmm... interesting thought. What we need is a way to connect the IR tower (or something that has the same functionality) to the NXT. Again with the slave/slave problem over USB.. One could imagine an IR component that connects to one of the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: connecting 2 nxt bricks, low-tech

(...) This would be very, very cool. Especially if we can start to get "Star Wars" style beeps and clicks, and get them to mean something to the bots. (...) Hehe - that could actually work well, and look quite interesting - if I remember correctly, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)