 Robotics / 24753
Re: 4x4 Buggy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:29:19 GMT

I had that doubt too, but don't you reckon that the distance between the right
and the left wheels will help? The further away they are the  slower and more
powerful is the steering.
Also, even if the RCX limits the current to each port, won't two motors per
port
give a small power increment, maybe 50%?  That would help too.

At most, you won't have the [probably negligible] losses of a
transmission. However, if the output is limited to, say, 1A, there's
no magical way the sum of currents all motors will exceed 1A. Maybe if
they aren't running near that current, having several motors will
allow for them to be less slowed down by a load. However, I'm pulling
this out of my ass.
By the way, where did you pull that 50% off from?