 Robotics / 24748
Re: 4x4 Buggy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:24:10 GMT

On Wed, December 21, 2005 10:48 am, Luca Bortolotti wrote:
I've benn working on this (
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=158205 ) 4x4 buggy with LDraw,
but before buying the pieces I'm missing to actually build it I wanted to know
if you had any ideas on how to brace the RCX to the robot's structure without
lowering the ground clearance

Luca,

Very nice drawing.  To secure the RCX all you need is a couple beams that run along
the bottom, and you can use a couple vertical beams (six stud long) to pin into the
holes on the side of the RCX.

BTW do you think it'll actually work???

This may be a small problem, but no, I don't think it will work.

The problem is having those wheels attached directly to the motors will make it go
very fast, but it won't have much torque.  Because it's a differential drive (skid
steer) I doubt it will have enough torque to turn, except on a pretty smooth
surface.

I could be wrong.  It may work.  The best way to find out is to try it.

Steve