 Robotics / 24730
    Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Ken Koleda
   Hello, I have periodically scoured lugnet for information on this topic and results have been limited. Q1. Can anyone point me to a source of wire that looks as close as possible to the wire that lego uses. I prefer the more flexible variant (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Jordan Bradford
     (...) As a purist I'll tell you that LEGO's educational store sells wires in 3 meter lengths along with the more typical sizes. However, I've had to make my own wires before, so . . . Official LEGO wire is pretty thin; I'd guess it's 24 guage. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Robert G Fay
      "Ken Koleda" <kkoleda@co.wayne.mi.us> wrote in message news:IrKM59.9vE@lugnet.com... (...) This may be of some use to make your own . (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Ken Koleda
     (...) Somehow, even though it was the same one and in theory was loosened a bit, I mangled it a bit... and also had trouble getting it back together with the wires making good contact with the metal. Thanks for the link. -Ken (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Timothy P. Smith
   (...) (URL) has links to some pages which have ideas for connectors. Personally, I've had good luck with 4-40 machine screws, 3/4" long. As for the wire- you might take a sample with you to an electronics store (not Radio Shack- they probably don't (...) (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Ken Koleda
     (...) Hello Tim, In what way did you use the machine screws? Did they replace studs say on a 2x2 brick? were you abel to stick them up inside the stud? Any pics or further instructions? I'm in serious doubt aboutmy skill of crafting a function *and* (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Timothy P. Smith
     (...) Right- I shaved off two of the studs with a paring knife (opposite corners), then the screws just twisted right in. I said 3/4" before, but that's too long. Maybe 1/2-inch? Take a brick with you. I found them at Radio Shack, though, I know (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego "style" wire and electrical connectors —Ken Koleda
   (...) Unfortunately I've triec radio shack for the wire and other parts like LEDs and was worely disappointed. I recently got some reed switches mail-order and am hoping to get at that soon. Not sure how to find a well stocked local electronics (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)