 Robotics / 24683
  New contest

Message text written by Mr S (...) Hmm, your suggestion seems to have been met with a deafening silence. Does eveyone think it's too hard? Too easy? Pointless? (...) I'm not sure this rule is neccessary but it does little harm. I expect that most (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New contest

Peter, Yes, the silence was pretty loud on this. Oh well. Whether anyone else attempts it, I'm going to. I'll agree that rule 5 is made optional: fully self-contained autonomous operation gains extra points, but tethered (by any means, copper, IR, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New contest

"PeterBalch" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:200512070728_MC...rve.com... (...) Just how much programming work would it be for a robot's AI/inputs to have to cope with flourescent lights (which basically are a stripe and not a (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New contest

Geoffrey, It is not my own plan of attack, so to speak, but it seems to me that there might be advantages to a florescent strip as opposed to a single bulb type light. Well, there might be if your camera system can differentiate alignment of the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New contest

I take it you are thinking about using the CMUCam or some similar system with some level of intelligence on board the camera processor. After all -you are really not going to be able to shift the amount of data required to process on board the RCX, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New contest

(...) Hmmm, here is a similar idea by a group called "Evolution Robotics". The system (called NorthStar) is designed that a robot with a simple reciver can identify a room (and its position within the room) by reading the number of IR dots being (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)