 Robotics / 24691
Re: New contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 00:33:30 GMT

"PeterBalch" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:200512070728_MC3-1-B1D9-C836@compuserve.com...

Message text written by Mr S

I'm not sure this rule is neccessary but it does little harm. I expect
that
most of the "Don't get stuck" algorithms won't need tremendous computing
power. But if someone solves the coms problems and comes up with a
wonderful algorithm that involves taking bearings off the ceiling lights
and building a 3D model of the room then well done.

Just how much programming work would it be for a robot's AI/inputs to have
to cope with flourescent lights (which basically are a stripe and not a
point) on the ceiling??

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde