 Robotics / 23948
Re: Analysis of robot behaviours?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 11:38:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Johan Hjertman wrote:

How do I analysea the robot behaviors and
how can compare the results?

   Generally, with a neural network, just write an evaluation function that
generates a number and use that as your "standard"

Is there "standardize" way of doing it?

   What is considered important here for a "successful" result? Speed ("the
faster a find a bright light the better")? Accuracy ("the more precisely I can
point towards the bright light the better")? Flexibility ("don't get stuck in a
corner")?

One important factor for "following the light"
behavior is for example the positions of the light
sensors.

   Use one that you think is likely to be good, and go from there. Or, more
interestingly, have the light sensors positioned on a structure that the robot
can adjust, and have the neural network optimize this too.

   How are you coding the neural network? Standard firmware, custom firmware, or
is it all done on a remote system and the LEGO robot is just a dumb front-end?

--
Brian Davis