 Robotics / 23871
Re: GPS Reality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:59:02 GMT

But using a GPS's simple bearing and distance would work almost flawlessly. The
accuracy number only reflects that the unit knows that the user is in a circle
of that radius. However, the unit knows exactly how far you've gone, if not
where you are. Similarly, the bearing is also highly accurate, with the
combination of the flux-gate compass and the GPS direction. In short, GPS in my
usage, would be used as a smart odometer, not a mapping device or a waypoint
locator.

Andrew Meyer