 Robotics / 23572
    FLL not allowing NQC —Liz Bilbro
   Hi, The ROBOLAB software with training missions and site license (for all computers in one building) -- $235 from LEGO directly, URL: (URL) says it runs on Mac and Windows, and I know one of my students runs it on a Mac. Don't know which OS, but you (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: FLL not allowing NQC —Dick Swan
   Having followed this very active thread with interest, there's several important points that seem to have been very lightly glossed over. The content of Robolab is changing and the FLL organizers will almost certainly have to deal with this issue. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: FLL not allowing NQC —Thomas Johnson
     (...) I believe they use the color convention for localization reasons. Robolab is available in 16 (?) different languages. As the code is picture-based, only the environment needs to be localized. Generally speaking, how are text-based languages (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: FLL not allowing NQC —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) In general, the syntax for a computer programming language remains constant, regardless of the nationality of the programmer. There are probably some exceptions to this, but from what I've seen this is the general rule. So, for example, if you (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: FLL not allowing NQC —John Hansen
   (...) Robolab, in fact, currently delivers a different version of the standard LEGO firmware than what is otherwise publicly available. How, pray tell, is that fair to FLL users who don't use Robolab? Talk about an unfair advantage. (...) I can't (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)