 Robotics / 23572
23571  |  23573
Subject:
FLL not allowing NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:28:37 GMT

Hi,

The ROBOLAB software with training missions and site license (for all
computers in one building) -- $235 from LEGO directly, URL:

http://www.legoeducationstore.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=8535&secid=
9&linkon=subsection&linkid=45

It says it runs on Mac and Windows, and I know one of my students runs it on
a Mac.  Don't know which OS, but you could call and ask.

Liz

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Johnson [mailto:diordna@macintoshdevelopers.net]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:43 PM
To: liz@bookwyrmz.com
Subject: Re: FLL not allowing NQC

I did a bit of research, and the only site license I could see was $407
with tax, and I don't exactly have a job. Also, my school doesn't pay
any attention to academic events in general, only sports. My Science
Olympiad team has *zero* financing, and Latin/Spanish/French clubs also
get very little money. So unless they make a really big deal about it,
we'd be pretty much stuck with RIS unless we split the cost up and
helped pay for it individually, which isn't such a bad idea.

Oh, and does it run on OS X without Classic?

Liz Bilbro wrote:
There's a site license that makes it affordable.  I paid for it personally
for my team, and it was worth every penny.

Liz