 Robotics / 23134
Re: Why NQC over Robolab?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:14:37 GMT

John Hansen wrote:

It is conceivable that a Control Lab target could be added to NQC which would
let you compile an NQC program into a JavaScript that would use a COM automation
object to talk to the Control Lab.

Sounds great. But I run the nqc compiler on Linux and have no COM...

Alternatively, an IDE like BricxCC could be modified to have a separate Control Lab feature of some sort.

Sometimes I dream of a BricxCC written in Java, running on Win, Linux or OSX
with Control Lab and all kind of features... something like an Bricklipse...

I'm not sure how many people are interested in such a thing.

Well... <sigh>

Regards,

Michael