 Robotics / 23122
Re: Why NQC over Robolab?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:03:17 GMT

Hi,

Specifically, with regard to the RCX, Scout, and microScout, what can you
do in NQC that you cannot do in Robolab?

Actually, I've only played with the Robolab demo version.

First, Robolab is for working with the RCX. I saw no Scout or microscout support.

The target of Robolab is the use in education, for example at schools. Robolab
is related to Mathlab and the "programming" works in a visual way by the
combination of logial and functional blocks. In a way, it is something like
the programming env. you get with your rcx box but goes much deeper.

But a picture is worth a thousand words. To get a Robolab impression, take a
look at:

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm

For me, I have decided to stay to brickOS (or NQC) because I would have to pay
  real money for Robolab and with real money I could buy real bricks instead...

Regards,

Michael