 Robotics / 23092
Re: That doesn't totally seem right.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:56:07 GMT

I've switched to the 10x Swan firmware, and stored the results in the datalog.

Here they are

Variable 4: 4
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 3
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 7
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 5
Variable 4: 6
Variable 4: 1
Variable 4: 4
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 6
Variable 4: 2
Variable 4: 5
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 7
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 5
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 7
Variable 4: 1
Variable 4: 5
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 9
Variable 4: 0
Variable 4: 7
Variable 4: 0

These are the timings of the gaps between rotation sensor changes using just an
incrementing loop, not an RCX timer(for those new to this thread).

Basically the variable timeout in the code I posted previously. They should get
progressively bigger.

If you're storing this all in the datalog, you should be able to go much farther
than 27 times through the loop.  Try storing a couple hundred values  (how big is
the datalog?)  Then, you should see the time-between-changes get bigger.

Also, it seems odd that almost every other value is zero.  I'm sure that has
something to do with the timing of everything.  I suspect the sensor value is not
updated every time it goes throught the loop.