 Robotics / 22841
  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

Joe: I was hoping more people would chime in. Alas, I do not see much interest in this thread right now. Please accept my apologies in advance, my comments below are going to sound like an advertisement ... (...) Such a system already exists and it (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) (URL) All I can say is wow, and thanks. RoboBrix is a very cool line of products. Have you yet interfaced the h-bridge modules to an RCX output so that it mimics the RCX output? Also, on the shaft encoder board, do you sell any (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) To date, I have done nothing with the RCX. Why? Well, it is a very nice microcontroller that has been unfortunately crippled by Lego by limiting its I/O too much. Everytime I try to figure out some way to use the RCX, I come to the annoying (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) I can't just buy and use any of those, though -- soldering is required. And though I've made a couple attempts to learn soldering in the past, it's almost always ended in frustration and fried components. I'm not opposed to computing current (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) I hear you about soldering. Getting assembled and tested boards into people's hands is a very high priority (along with better documentation.) We are exploring a number of options. (...) Thanks for the patience; hopefully, getting assembled (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)