 Robotics / 22819
  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

While we are on this topic, I have a question for everyone. I've included the previous post as background. My question for everyone is this: How much interest is there in LEGO compatible aftermarket products that are not plug-n-play compatible with (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) Much interest from me. Details below... (...) Some, though that's hard to say since I haven't yet built my own controller, and it's not clear to me how hard it would be to interface those sensors and motors. But I'm certainly not opposed to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

Joe: I was hoping more people would chime in. Alas, I do not see much interest in this thread right now. Please accept my apologies in advance, my comments below are going to sound like an advertisement ... (...) Such a system already exists and it (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) (URL) All I can say is wow, and thanks. RoboBrix is a very cool line of products. Have you yet interfaced the h-bridge modules to an RCX output so that it mimics the RCX output? Also, on the shaft encoder board, do you sell any (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) To date, I have done nothing with the RCX. Why? Well, it is a very nice microcontroller that has been unfortunately crippled by Lego by limiting its I/O too much. Everytime I try to figure out some way to use the RCX, I come to the annoying (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) I can't just buy and use any of those, though -- soldering is required. And though I've made a couple attempts to learn soldering in the past, it's almost always ended in frustration and fried components. I'm not opposed to computing current (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)

(...) I hear you about soldering. Getting assembled and tested boards into people's hands is a very high priority (along with better documentation.) We are exploring a number of options. (...) Thanks for the patience; hopefully, getting assembled (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)