 Robotics / 22282
    Re: Some brainstorming needed. —Steve Baker
   (...) You can email directly to: lego-robotics@crynwr.com (...) Yes - I had thought about something like that. I was thinking in terms of sheets of thin balsa wood - which could probably be cut with the kind of power I could get from a Lego motor. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Some brainstorming needed. —Mike Thorn
     (...) If you already have the Dremel, how about buying one of those pen-like extensions? (URL) lighter and smaller. Easier to access controls that way, too (plus the resolution can be adjusted by changing the size of the bit). ~Mike (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Some brainstorming needed. —Dan Novy
      I've toyed with the idea myself and it's essentially a CNC plotter with a nozzle of some kind. I wanted to see if I could spray/deposit thin layers of sugar (or marzipan!) the build up custom 3D edible candy figures. I think it's the material you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Some brainstorming needed. —Andy Gombos
     (...) To lessen the effect of the thickness of balsa, if you use a razor blade, make it be able to angle itself. | - | - | turns into | \ | / | Obviously this would only be where you wanted a smooth surface. (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Some brainstorming needed. —SIVA Frédéric
      what about putting the demel tool at the end of a lego motor ? To cut thin Balsa, it should be strong enough. To assemble the layers, I would simply have two central axles on which all layers would be stacked. Those should of course be put at a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Remove from maillist —Vadim Iosifovich Vaynerman
     please remove me from your mailing list. Thanks! (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Some brainstorming needed. —SIVA Frédéric
    what about putting the Dremel tool at the end of a lego motor ? To cut thin Balsa, it should be strong enough. If the Dremel power is necessary, then you can have it fixed upwards on a table, and have the lego plotter to move the Balsa plate onto (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)