 Robotics / 22272
    SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —PATRICK TAMA
    Dear Sir/Madam, Investment Assistance I humbly approach you with a view that we may be able to enter into a mutual business transaction that could be of immense benefit to both parties. As led by my instinct, I decided to contact you through email, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Øyvind Steinnes
    "PATRICK TAMA" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:HuFLqx.JG3@lugnet.com... (...) <SNIP> (...) I wonder what this has to do with robotics or LEGO at all? Anybody that sees the connection? Regards Øyvind Steinnes (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I believe that the connection is that the lego-robotics@crynwr.com list doesn't prevent this class of spam, so it gets gated over to LUGNET. We are seeing this more and more of late but maybe it's best to just ignore it unless the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Gordon Elliott
      To lego-robotics list manager, and members, I was wondering if these (probably fraudulent) proposals are coming from new members who just sign up just for the purpose of broadcasting these? Or is there a history from a single person? (Proposals like (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Russell Nelson
     Larry Pieniazek writes: > I believe that the connection is that the lego-robotics@crynwr.com > list doesn't prevent this class of spam, It prevents HUGE numbers of this class of spam. You have no idea. But the algorithm I use (post once and you're (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I'm not sure I agree that it's a reasonable compromise. This spam doesn't come into LUGNET any other way that I'm aware of. (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Mike Thorn
      (...) It's too bad that stuff like this can't be caught and autoreplied before LUGNET posts it. Invariably replying with a link to (URL) Snopes> takes care of the would-be scammer first try and I never hear from them again. -Mike (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

         RE: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Andy Gombos
     (...) Ironically, there has been much more traffic about the spam than the spam itself. It is really the only viable solution. If you put a spam filter on the list, people will have their messages eaten. If you break the connection between Lugnet (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Mark H. Near
    The people who sent that message, (may they turn to dust), have not idea what this list is for. They are trying to pray on the stupid and take all their money. So, don't call. they are cheats and liars. The scam is called "The Nigerian Scam", and (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)