 Robotics / 22330
Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 04:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Russell Nelson nelson@crynwr.com wrote:
   Larry Pieniazek writes:

   I believe that the connection is that the lego-robotics@crynwr.com list doesn’t prevent this class of spam,

It prevents HUGE numbers of this class of spam. You have no idea. But the algorithm I use (post once and you’re automatically approved to post subsequently unless I remove your permission) sometimes lets spam through. It’s a compromise, sure, but a reaasonable one.

I’m not sure I agree that it’s a reasonable compromise.

This spam doesn’t come into LUGNET any other way that I’m aware of.

It’s too bad that stuff like this can’t be caught and autoreplied before LUGNET posts it. Invariably replying with a link to Snopes takes care of the would-be scammer first try and I never hear from them again.

-Mike