 Robotics / 21683
Re: HELP, please! USB tower problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:24:31 GMT

Hi,

I would try this.

1. Using any other USB based device and test the USB port.
2. Scan the machine for viruses.

Looks like you driver is getting uninstalled by an application. ( This is my
own idea).

Hope this helps.

Alex Jayasundara
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruth" <ruth_pozuelo@hotmail.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: HELP, please! USB tower problems

I have check under USB Lego Tower Diagnost and it reads:

The driver failed the AddDevice request (0x!F)

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,
Ruth

In lugnet.robotics, Ruth Pozuelo Martinez wrote:
Hello Rob, thanks for your reply.

I have manually installed the new driver without any success. Even • worst, now my
tower doesn't work with RIS 2.0 either!

Same thing, works for 20 seconds and then can not find the driver • anymore.

Any other suggestions?

I am really looking forward to start playing with it and this problem is • driving
me crazy.

Ruth

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Hendrix wrote:

My problem is that windows can only detect my USB tower for like 20
seconds.After that I get an error on the device manager (yellow (!) • mark)
telling me that it can't find the driver. If I install it again, it • will work
for another 20 seconds and same story again.Very annoying!

May not be of much help, but the 2.5 SDK from the Lego website has an
updated USB IR tower driver.  You may try using it.  I think you may be • able
to go to the Lego website and search for "SDK" to find the download • link.
You will probably have to manually install the driver.  Go to your • device
manager and go to the properties for the USB tower.  You can update • driver
from there, and point to the new driver in the SDK folder for the USB • tower
(should be somewhere like - c:\Lego Software\Mindstorms SDK 2.5\USB • tower)
well...something like that...

Rob

Hope it helps.