 Robotics / 21506
21505  |  21507
Subject:
RIS 2.0 USB Tower on a Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:37:38 GMT

I am fairly new to Lego Mindstorms so forgive me if I end up beating a dead horse.  I have a RIS 2.0 kit which, as you all know, comes with the USB tower.  I plan on using MacNQC to code.  Is it possible to do everything (code and transmit finished code to the USB Tower so it can upload to my RCX) without a PC?  I was told that I can code using MacNQC but then I would have to transfer that code to a Windows machine, then upload that code from the Windows machine to my RCX.

If this isn't true, what more do I need (aside from MacNQC) to move data from my Mac to my RCX via the USB tower?  I really don't want to spring the few hundred dollars on a PC unless I have to.  Thanks in advance.