 Robotics / 21510
Re: RIS 2.0 USB Tower on a Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:47:58 GMT

Edwin Quan wrote:

I am fairly new to Lego Mindstorms... Is it possible
to do everything (code and transmit finished code to
the USB Tower so it can upload to my RCX) without a PC?

   Yes. I'm running MacNQC on a G4 Powerbook with the USB tower - no complaints.
I should add, however, that I migrated to MacNQC after installing Robolab (a
LEGO product, sold on the educational market), so that likely set up the drivers
for the USB tower. It's around $40 from LEGO, but you can probably find it on
eBay (or bricklink?) cheap. I also needed (eventually) to load RIS 2.0 onto a
IBM, email the firmware file to myself, opening & saving it on my Max, so that
MacNQC could do the firmware downloads for me (or, the hoops we must jump
through...).

--
Brian Davis