 Robotics / 21351
  End of Mindstorms :-(

Hi Everybody, I have the badest new of the world: LEGO stop Mindstorms products. I hear it of several persons, LEGO shop on Paris (they won't receive other RIS box or additional box) and also from LEGO staff. They have stoped RIS production 3 months (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-(

(...) At Brickfest 2003 in August Brad Justus clearly stated: ?: What is the future of Mindstorms? There haven't been many updates lately? A: It's a real product and it is staying. It IS expensive, so that cuts into where it can be sold, it probably (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-(

(...) I' m agree, Mindstorms is a revolutionnary product and may be I am too negative. But there is less and less mindstorms additional box (like vision command).... I' m sure a new "robotic LEGO product" will appear..but when ??? Chris. (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-( - I'm very skeptical

(...) I'm very skeptical about this... Last week I was in LegoLand at Billund, Denmark. They are adding _more_ interactive Mindstorms exhibits, based on the Mars Lander. I also had meetings at Aarhus University with people who work in the Lego lab (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: End of Mindstorms :-( - I'm very skeptical

Consider that the FIRST LEGO League registered the following number of teams so far this Challenge Season: NORTH AMERICA 3.359 teams registered SCANDINAVIA 325 teams registered GERMANY 94 teams registered UNITED KINGDOM 92 teams registered FRANCE 52 (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-(

Sorry, I didn't want to give false news. I was very worried but I didn't know all those things you have said... Thanks to all Apologize for this mistake. Chris. (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-(

(...) today. One of the supporting LUGs at the con is SMART, (the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies) and so a number of questions were about the future of this product. General answer: Mindstorms isn't going away. Though it might be sold (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of Mindstorms :-(

I heard this about the cybermaster set years ago. Even lego told me it was out of production. Then last week at my local Toyrus (UK) they have the original cybermaster set on the shelf. Lego have invested too much cash into R&D to just scrap (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: End of Mindstorms :-(

I apologize for the double-post; I didn't think the first would go through because my website was down. And also wasn't meaning to sound so adamant. But more hopeful, I guess. I just can't see LEGO selling Mindstorms use on one hand and cutting off (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)