 Robotics / 21359
Re: End of Mindstorms :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 05:40:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Masclet wrote:
Hi Everybody, I have the badest new of the world:

LEGO stop Mindstorms products.

I hear it of several persons, LEGO shop on Paris (they won't receive other RIS
box or additional box) and also from LEGO staff.
They have stoped RIS production 3 months ago.

They should stop Spybotics production too.

They stop it cause they do not sell enough boxes....

For first time in my LEGO life, I am very disapointed.

So I will buy Fishertechniks!!!!

Chris.
my LEGOTIC site:
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

You might want to read the transcript of Brad Justus' talk given at NWBrickCon
today. One of the supporting LUGs at the con is SMART, (the Seattle Mindstorms
and Robotic Techies) and so a number of questions were about the future of this
product. General answer: Mindstorms isn't going away. Though it might be sold
differently in the future.

The transcript (courtesy of LarryP, thanks Larry!) can be found here:
http://news.lugnet.com/events/nwbrickcon/?n=153

--
  David Schilling