 Robotics / 21320
  Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

I'm going to buy about 30 feet of ribbon cable (the flat kind) and I don't really want to tear apart my current perfect-condition wires just for the brick-ends....Anyone got a couple (oh, say, 14) wire end bricks? I hope so... -Andrew -- ---...--- (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

So take a 1x2 electric brick and a little ingenuity and you can make your own! They aren't exactly like the 2x2 ones from TLC, but they work as long as you keep your polarities correct. Rob "Legoguy" <legoguy@idwt.net> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

Alright then how many of those can I get for $3 ;) I was thinking about that but I didn't really feel like cutting slots in a brick but just now I remembered that I have a dremel tool out in the garage >:-D (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

Another thought; I could just take 2x4 electric plates and cut them in half and boom there I go, no slotting required...hmm....now I need 7 2x4 electric plates, preferrably in black ;) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

You can then get a much cleaner cut on the plastic if you remove the electric strips first and use a razor saw to cut the plastic. (I've used a 2x4 bricks as a makeshift jig). It's much easier to cut the strips this way. As long as the electrical (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone sell Electric wire ends?

(...) PAINT!!!!! EGADS!!!!!!!! Never paint your Lego!!! Wait, that sounds odd coming from a man who enjoys the smell of melted ABS... "Ob" (inside joke) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

The very first production units of JCX ((URL) will be displayed and demonstrated next week in Aarhus, Denmark, at this conference: (URL) so if any of you are in the area it would be fun to meet. We will be showing the JCX sensor and motor boards, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

So Bruce, will the Lego community get better discounts on your products than the general public? Rob "Bruce Boyes" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:5.2.0.9.2.20030...ion.com... (...) (at (...) realized (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

(...) That's a reasonable idea... Bruce (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

So Bruce, How much is a JIS (JCX Invention System) going to cost? Here is my definition of a JIS: It would include the JCX, cable to download firmware/programs, software and documentation, 2 motors, 3 sensors, enough parts to suffiently build a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

"Rob Hendrix" <rhendrix.removebefo...g@cei.net> wrote: [snip] (...) If it's aimed at the Lego community they're likely to have some bricks already. I don't think it's ever been pitched as being "in lieu" of and RIS. It's a programmable brick which (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

(...) So, where's the available product? I thought it was going to be available almost 1 year ago? (Opinions omitted), Rob Hendrix (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX and Legos to appear in Denmark next week

(...) I was extremely excited when I first heard about this product a year ago last summer. I have long since lost the enthusiasm I had, and I can't say I'd be suprised if the project remains vaporware forever (at least with respect to being an (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)