 Robotics / 21259
  What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

I'd like to know all the different LEGO robotics challenges you've seen or heard about. If anyone knows of a comprehensive list that already exists, please give me a link to it. Otherwise, I'm going to make my own list, which I would have on a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) I don't know of any lists, but here are a few more to add to yours: tug-of-war (different from sumo in that they'd have to grip a rope) (for those who are willing to risk damaging the RCX) balance-beam tug-of-war skeet-shooting (probably have (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) A good place to look would be several of the Lego robotic club's web pages. SMART: (2 URLs) are other groups in the US as well. (URL) is one example. I'm sure there are several others. If that's not enough for you, ITLug used to have a list (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) Thanks for the reply. Would you please explain the balance beam tug-of-war in more detail? I just can't picture it. Also, "sentience" is pretty vague. Could you expand on that, too? Thanks a lot! (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) It's something I once saw on Scientific American Frontiers, where each robot would start out on one end of a balance beam, and the object is to get your side lower than the opponent's side. Some robots did this by dropping what amounted to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) At least half the problem is going to be to decide who's won. int main () { printf ( "Woahh! Suddenly, I'm thinking!\n" ) ; sleep ( 1 ) ; printf ( "This is amazing - I know that I exist!\n" ) ; sleep ( 1 ) ; printf ( "'I think, therefore I (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) Thanks for mentioning my web site David, :) As far as the actual challenges go, if you haven't already looked at our site, then you can add stair climbing to the list. I am wondering if your intent is to have a list of challenges already (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

(...) would of course have a lot more pictures to demonstrate the challenge. But I would like this list to be something people could consult when they need ideas for challenges. Many of them can be combined into one, including ones that have never (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?

I have completed Version 0.1 of my list, which means it's just a list of categories. There are no links to any specific projects or details, no graphics, and no special CSS (the stylesheet is the same one I use on my personal site). I just wanted to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)