 Robotics / 21259
21258  |  21260
Subject:
What are good LEGO robotics challenges?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:34:37 GMT

I’d like to know all the different LEGO robotics challenges you’ve seen or heard about. If anyone knows of a comprehensive list that already exists, please give me a link to it.

Otherwise, I’m going to make my own list, which I would have on a website once it’s done. I’d also appreciate pictures of the challenges and official rules, since I want to include as many variants of a specific challenge as I can.

Here are the ones I know:
  • line following
  • sumo
  • soccer
  • garbage collecting & variants (find objects and either stockpile them or put them on opponent’s side)
  • brick stacking
  • brick sorting (this might also go under garbage collection)
  • maze navigation
  • board games (tic-tac-toe, etc)
  • drag racing (this isn’t really a robotics challenge; it’s more of a Technic one)
  • climbing (vertical, horizontal, on ladders, on walls, etc)
I could probably think of more, but I don’t want to think too hard. :)

Thanks a lot!