 Robotics / 21262
Re: What are good LEGO robotics challenges?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:49:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I’d like to know all the different LEGO robotics challenges you’ve seen or heard about. If anyone knows of a comprehensive list that already exists, please give me a link to it.

I don’t know of any lists, but here are a few more to add to yours:
  • tug-of-war (different from sumo in that they’d have to grip a rope)
  • (for those who are willing to risk damaging the RCX) balance-beam tug-of-war
  • skeet-shooting (probably have to be slow-moving balls or something)
  • sentience
  • obstacle course (I’m talking 3d travel here, not just mazes)
  • 2-legged racing (unlike drag-racing, this really is a robotics challenge)
  • fencing (this one will either look really cool, or really silly)

Thanks for the reply. Would you please explain the balance beam tug-of-war in more detail? I just can’t picture it. Also, “sentience” is pretty vague. Could you expand on that, too? Thanks a lot!