 Robotics / 20983
  Wow... this is cool!

oooh, I just found this today while surfing. (URL) think I'm in lust. Expandable to 40 input sensor ports and 20 motor output ports, it's programmed in Java, with the bytecode directly executed by the microcontroller and comes with 1/2 a meg of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Wow... this is cool!

Well, let's see the price (:-) So -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Mark Tarrabain Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:54 PM To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com Subject: Wow... this is cool! (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Wow... this is cool!

How many tasks do we get? I need quite a few... TASK 1 - ROBOT MOW THE LAWN! TASK 2 - ROBOT Take my wife to dinner! TASK 3 - ROBOT Scare my daughters boyfriend! TASK 4 - ROBOT GO TO MY WORK! ComCast_1 <vidin33@comcast.net> wrote:Well, let's see the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wow... this is cool!

(...) From the link from that page that compares the JCX to the LEGO RCX, (URL) $500 for a typical multi-board system with 1 MByte memory, 2xRS232, 8 inputs and 4 outputs" $450 seems like a safe bet to me. We'll find out for sure when the production (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wow... this is cool!

(...) Probably as many as you have the RAM to support. Java threads don't have a very large memory footprint by themselves, so it's reasonable to expect this number to be quite large. I suspect that individual satisfaction with performance issues (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wow... this is cool!

I have argued with Bruce Boyes over the apparent "spamming" he has been doing of the list with regards to promoting JCX everywhere. Then I went and looked at the specs again a few weeks ago. I'll buy one as soon as I can find the money. They look (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wow... this is cool!

My only desire to have a JCX is for "geek factor". Until it is up for sale, the hype is meaningless to prospective consumers--it's right up there with showing of concept cars at automotive events. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Gombos" (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wow... this is cool!

(...) Yeah... sorry, wasn't trying to be guilty of trying to create any sort of artificial hype for it. I just came across it for the first time yesterday on the net and went "WOW!!!" I wasn't aware it was already widely known in the lugnet (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics)