 Robotics / 20992
RE: Wow... this is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:27:25 GMT

How many tasks do we get? I need quite a few...

TASK 1 - ROBOT MOW THE LAWN!
TASK 2 - ROBOT Take my wife to dinner!
TASK 3 - ROBOT Scare my daughters boyfriend!
TASK 4 - ROBOT GO TO MY WORK!

ComCast_1 <vidin33@comcast.net> wrote:Well, let's see
the price (:-)

So

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Mark Tarrabain
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:54 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Wow... this is cool!

oooh, I just found this today while surfing.

http://jcx.systronix.com/index.htm

I think I'm in lust. Expandable to 40 input sensor
ports and 20 motor
output ports, it's programmed in Java, with the
bytecode directly
executed by the microcontroller and comes with 1/2 a
meg of memory that
is almost entirely available for user programs. Memory
is expandable to
2 Meg. The production version that will be coming out
near the end of
August of this year will have LEGO compatible electric
connectors for
sensors and motors, so all the standard LEGO stuff
will work with it.

There's no price set yet, but I'm betting the base
system (with 4 motor
outputs and 8 sensor inputs) probably will go for
around $450 or so.

Now if I can just talk my wife into getting one for me
for Christmas.... :)

Mark
--
Did you check the web site first?: