 Robotics / 20990
RE: Wow... this is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:09:05 GMT

Well, let's see the price (:-)

So

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Mark Tarrabain
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:54 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Wow... this is cool!

oooh, I just found this today while surfing.

http://jcx.systronix.com/index.htm

I think I'm in lust.  Expandable to 40 input sensor ports and 20 motor
output ports, it's programmed in Java, with the bytecode directly
executed by the microcontroller and comes with 1/2 a meg of memory that
is almost entirely available for user programs.  Memory is expandable to
2 Meg.  The production version that will be coming out near the end of
August of this year will have LEGO compatible electric connectors for
sensors and motors, so all the standard LEGO stuff will work with it.

There's no price set yet, but I'm betting the base system (with 4 motor
outputs and 8 sensor inputs) probably will go for around $450 or so.

Now if I can just talk my wife into getting one for me for Christmas.... :)