 Robotics / 20991
Re: Wow... this is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:31:43 GMT

ComCast_1 wrote:
Well, let's see the price (:-)

From the link from that page that compares the JCX to the LEGO RCX,
http://jcx.systronix.com/compare.htm:

"under $500 for a typical multi-board system with 1 MByte memory,
2xRS232, 8 inputs and 4 outputs"

$450 seems like a safe bet to me.  We'll find out for sure when the
production model is released in late August or early September.  It's
quite a bit pricier than the RCX, but the target audience I believe is
also different.  The JCX thing seems aimed at hard-core robotics
hobbyists that find the RCX too limited, and want the flexibility of
using LEGO for building because of the ability to rapidly prototype a
design without requiring access to any sort of machining shop.