 Robotics / 20750
Re: Custom Pneumatic Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:16:05 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
news:HEtrzr.1EBt@lugnet.com...

So there is no system to "suck" it back in apart from ol' gravity? True • they
are almost always used to tip lorry beds and rise elevators and such.

While some are certainly single acting, double acting versions are
available:

   http://www.fireservice.co.uk/equipmentrta.php

There are better examples than this kicking around, I found one a while ago
with an exploded diagram showing the inner workings. It made my head hurt
trying to work it out.

The double acting ones seem to be used where gravity is not available for
closing,
such as applications on ejector "tipping" mechanisms used on dustcarts etc.

Jennifer