 Robotics / 20671
Re: The Jamocklaquat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:00:32 GMT

Hello, I planned to respond to all of these messages when I get the final
photoshoot completed. (I'm working on that now) But I gotta just respond to
this one quick and then I promise to come back to the other compliments.

Jama has an unussual name. Its name is ment to imply something we don't yet
understand. It is ment to reflect the technology that may exist one day in
the future.

The phenetics are as follows:

Jamocklaquat: JAH' MOC LA QWAT.

I often wait for a name or word to jump into my head when namming my creations.
I try not to think of anyone thing, or, let a preconceived name jump into my
head.

Again, the name is strange and unknown to us. As is the Tech that someday
will bring life to creations like these.

Now, what weird names can we give the Honda Robots? :P

www.biomechanicalbricks.com

In lugnet.robotics, Glenn Holmer <gholmer@ameritech.net> writes:
Eric Sophie wrote:
The Jamocklaquat - Technic Fig Scale Mecha - Fully Articulated Mindstorms
Robot - 41 Motors - 1 VC - 12 RCX - 1 Scout - 2 Control Centers - 50 Inches
Tall - More Pictures Soon - ;)

How do you say Jamo's name, i.e. what syllable is accented?  I'd hate to
offend him by saying his name wrong if we were to meet in a dark alley :)
And is there some meaning to his cool name?  What do his robot buddies
call him? or is he really lonesome 'cause there's no one like him?