 Robotics / 20664
Re: LEGO Foosball table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 02:30:34 GMT

Purple Dave wrote:

Also, if you want to make it authentic to the most common foosball
tactic, you could just have the ranks spin at top speed anytime the ball
gets anywhere near them, discarding skill in favor of dumb luck.

It might be authentic to what most people do when learning foos, it's
still against the rules.  A quick snapshot from the defense, or a
one-timer from the three-bar (the forwards) is much more effective at
scoring.  For getting lego started at it though.  I'd try to go for
accurate passes to move the ball up.  Your opponent will never be much
faster than you, so this should work.  Unfortunately alot of the good
'moves' in foos require you to quickly change direction in sliding the
bars back and forth...  I've missed half this conversation though...
Are you modifying a full size table, or making your own?