 Robotics / 20662
RE: LEGO Foosball table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 14:20:31 GMT

That would be *relatively* easy to do with Vision Command, if you make sure
the ball is some bright colour (say pink), and the two "teams" are red and
blue for example. Mount the camera above the "pitch" and you've got yourself
a positioning system.

Take a look at how some of the Robocup entries work, while not exactly
foosball, the basic idea is similar.

James.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Steve Baker
Sent: 06 May 2003 13:19
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LEGO Foosball table

Mike Bailey wrote:
couldn't u use the infra red and just hav 2 rcx's communicate with each
other that gives you at least 6 sensor ports and 6 motor ports plus u • could
use some of the hacks to run 2 sensors or motors off the same port

Seems like the BIG problem is knowing where the ball is - and I think that
requires a camera and some image recognition software.
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net