 Robotics / 20568
Re: An old machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:40:37 GMT

Andrea,

Nice to see someone else built the same machine as I did in a meanwhile!

Machines like these Liebherr excavators are a challange to build allthough
they're not quite big. But because of the limited space it's not easy to put
all technic stuff into it. I see you've managed it!
Especially the driving mechnism is nice. I'm not farmiliair with the RCX (I
don't have those computerized stuff) but it would be nice to see how this
machine works in real life (just like Jennifer's models on the short movies).

My model is an A904. The outriggers works on air (pneumatic cylinders) but
the boom works on gear and ropes. Therefore I created my own LEGO pieces (I
made my own cylinders with a pipe glued to old LEGO pieces). It works just
like real.

I only have two pictures on line af the moment. Notice that the cylinders
are made of 2 x 2 round bricks. Now they're removed by my home made ones. I
will add it to my site ASAP.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/ICC2/tipper1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/ICC2/tipper2.jpg

Don't you have a picture of the full machine?

Dennis Bosman

In lugnet.technic, Andrea Donadello writes:
Near my home I found an old wheeled Liebherr 900.
I decided to give it a new life.

Main images

Equiped by RCX, and supported from air by my Atlas compressor, main function
on this model are:

1) Steering-Tower rotation combined, controlled by the same motor

2) Traction and outrigger controlled by the same motor selecting by a
standard technic switch

3) Two sincrinized pneumatic valves controlled by the same motor, and a
third controlled during tower rotation.

4) RCX inside

Decals in progress.
Thanks